For areas that can be easily reached by hand:
How do you properly care and maintain Sunshield / Sunlite Polycarbonate Sheets?
- Keep the protective film on the Sunlite and/or Sunshield UV Protected Polycarbonate Sheets surface throughout the installation process or during the frame surface coating. Only remove the film once the installation procedure will be done.
** excessive outdoor exposure of the polycarbonate sheets with film may cause the film’s adhesive to adhere to the polycarbonate sheets – therefore it is highly advisable for the entire installation process to be complete within 7 – 10 days **
- Clean the dust and grease on the surface with a neutral cleanser using soft cloth or sponge.
- Using a soft cloth sponge, gently wash the sheets to loosen dirt and grime and rinse well with clean water.
- To prevent water spotting thoroughly dry with chamois or cellulose sponge.
- Avoid the use of adhesive cleaners and or cleaning implements that may mar the coating.
- Compatible cleaning agents are Joy, Top Job, Mr. Clean and similar products.
- Naphtha, lamp oil, anti-corrosion oil, or PVC and rubber that contain plasticizers may cause cracks on the Sunlite and/or Sunshield UV Protected Polycarbonate Sheets. These chemicals are not to be in contact with the product.
- If seam filling, grease, or paint is adhered to or contaminating the surface of Sunlite and/or Sunshield UV Protected Polycarbonate Sheets, use a soft cloth with commercial grade alcohol before the foreign particle hardens.
- Do not use sharp tools or objects on the surface of the Sunlite and/or Sunshield UV Protected Polycarbonate Sheets to prevent from scratch.